Wednesday 9 September 2015

mercredi le 9 septembre


After another busy day in French class, we've had lots going on! Today, not all of our students had French - only the lucky students in Mr. Miller's, Ms. Brinston's, Mr. Stephenson's, and Ms. Howland's classes. Those students were introduced to our next little routine, one I'm very excited about.

As a French teacher, I firmly believe the only way to learn how to speak French...is to speak French. Not only that, but to get feedback about your use of French, and to be able to talk with both a competent speaker and with people at your level. So I've started a daily routine of pulling small groups of students to speak French with me at our round table. We spent today reviewing some simple questions, and practicing our listening and speaking skills. I was absolutely thrilled with how eagerly students participated and shared their thoughts! This is also a great chance for me to get some more individual time with each student, so no one's just a "face in the crowd".

Besides speaking in small groups, we completed a short diagnostic assessment today. This is basically a questionnaire that allows me to see how much French your child remembers from past years (or, for our Grade 4s, if they bring any French knowledge to class with them already). Students had time to work on the diagnostic today - if not completed, it is homework. Please complete this as soon as possible - the information will help me plan a French program that will meet your child's specific needs!

Tonight's homework:
-Complete the diagnostic activity.
-Please return your parent contact forms! These forms are how I stay in touch with parents and keep everyone updated on what's going on. They also keep me from constantly bothering our amazing office staff with requests for parent phone numbers.

That's all for tonight. Au revoir et bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment